95.7 WZID’s “Great Job!” Reward Contest
Sponsored by Fratello’s Italian Grille
Friday, December 28, 2012 – Friday, December 27, 2013
Official Contest Rules
Written December 27, 2012
This contest, “95.7 WZID’s “Great Job!” Reward Contest” (referred to herein as the “Contest”), is conducted by Saga Communications of New England, LLC, licensee of Radio Station WZID, FM 95.7, Manchester, New Hampshire, dba “WZID” (collectively referred to herein as “WZID”).
Rules are available at www.WZID.com and at WZID studios during normal business hours, 500 N. Commercial Street, Manchester, NH 03101. Rules have important information about eligibility, the station’s responsibilities, the entrant’s responsibilities, the winner’s responsibilities, tax ramifications, and more. WZID will award the prizes to entrants who meet the eligibility requirements and follow all of the rules. WZID reserves the right to postpone or extend the contest dates. Rules are subject to change without notice, though revised rules must be posted as soon as possible. No purchase necessary to enter or to win.
CONTEST NAME, DURATION, METHODOLOGY and PRIZES
- The contest name is “95.7 WZID’s “Great Job!” Reward Contest” and the contest prizes are provided by WZID and Fratello’s Italian Grille, 155 Dow Street, Manchester, NH 03101 (603) 624-2022, www.fratellos.com. WZID and Fratello’s Italian Grille want to reward people who are doing a great job at work.
- From Friday, December 28, 2012 12:00am – Thursday, December 26, 2013 11:59pm, on the contest page of www.WZID.com, people can nominate someone they work with who is doing a great job. Entrants must provide: their coworker’s name, their business name, their business address, and their business phone number, as well as their name, their address, their phone number, their email address, their date of birth, and a few sentences as to why their coworker is doing a great job and deserves this reward.
- Each entry is only valid for one week, Friday through Thursday. People may enter as often as they’d like within a week and are encouraged to enter multiple weeks.
- Each Friday, January 4, 2013 – December 27, 2013, WZID will choose one outstanding entry from entries received from the previous Friday through the day before and announce it on-air. WZID will provide the winner’s information to Fratello’s Italian Grille. Fratello’s Italian Grille, the winner, and/or the nominator should coordinate the delivery of the prize to the winner’s office: lunch for 10 people from Fratello’s Italian Grille (value: $200.00). Gratuity for the driver is appreciated. Prize must be delivered within 6 months of being awarded or they are void.
- Must be 18 years old to enter or win.
- Fratello’s Italian Grille will deliver the prize to companies within 15 miles of WZID’s Manchester offices. Companies further away are not eligible to win.
- Those ineligible to enter or win include employees, their immediate families, officers, directors and stockholders of WZID, Fratello’s Italian Grille, their parent companies, any other radio station listed in the BIA’s FCC Market Definition for Manchester, NH, or any of the affiliates or sponsors and agencies involved in the production or distribution of materials for this contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian and any other individuals living within the same household.
- WZID reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner if the contest rules have been violated.
VALUE OF PRIZES
- The winning entrant assumes financial obligations for local, state and federal taxes and all applicable fees based on the value of the prize. Winners also assume financial obligations associated with any amounts not specified as part of the prize.
- In accordance with IRS regulations, WZID will provide any winner receiving a prize(s) valued at $600 or more in a given calendar year with a copy of IRS Form 1099 (miscellaneous income).
- Each weekly prize is valued at $200.00.
- WZID reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or lesser value at any time. The IRS Form 1099 will reflect the value of the prizes given. Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash, except as otherwise noted.
- Odds of winning cannot be determined at this time.
WZID GENERIC RULES
Eligibility/Revision of Rules
- Some contests will have specific rules that may amend these generic eligibility values and these rules will be referred to on the Station during said contest and be available on the Station’s website. Rules and the other policies referred to above are also available during normal business hours at 500 N. Commercial Street, 5th floor, Manchester, NH 03101.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular contest, station contests are open to all eligible people who live or work in within the Station listening area or 75 miles of our Manchester office.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular contest, the contestant must be 18 or older to win, as of the day the contest begins.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular contest, only one entry per household is permitted in a contest. “Household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address, even if not related by blood or marriage.
- After winning a contest, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other Station contest for a period of 30 days.
- Contests are open to all eligible people except employees of the Station and their immediate families, officers, directors and stockholders of the Station, their parent companies, or sponsors and agencies involved in the production or distribution of materials for this contest, or any other radio station listed in the BIA’s FCC Market Definition for Manchester, NH. Immediate family is defined as the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of any of the restrictions mentioned here or part of rules specific to a particular contest, another contestant will be selected, any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- The decision of the Station personnel acting as the contest judges is always final.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void were prohibited.
- Although the Station will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, the Station reserves the right to change the contest rules as circumstances may require. Amended rules will be announced on air and posted on the website as quickly as possible. In such cases, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
Use of Materials
- All entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned. The Station reserves the right to retain all contest materials for any reason, including those related to publicity and/or advertising.
- Anytime a contestant calls the Station’s studios, or enters or wins a contest via call-in, in person, texting or online, the contestant should assume that the communication will be broadcast and/or recorded and shall grant the Station permission to broadcast the call and/or record if for later broadcast. Furthermore, the contestant shall grant permission to use the contestant’s name and town and/or photo for promotional, broadcast or website purposes. No compensation, in cash or kind, beyond the prize itself, shall be expected or provided.
- If a contest requires photo entry, the contestant certifies that he/she has permission to publish the photo and shall grant permission to the station to use the photo on its website.
- For any contest requiring phone entry, contestants must use the following numbers unless otherwise specified: (603) 666-0957or (800) 666-0957. The person operating the telephone at the Station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- For any contest requiring web entry, the website is www.WZID.com. Unless otherwise specified in contest rules for a specific contest, station personnel will choose web winners randomly. Entry deadlines will be specified.
- For any contest requiring text entry, the listener will be instructed to text a certain word to 77000. Entry deadlines will be specified. Unless otherwise specified, station personnel will choose text winners randomly.
- Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard on the radio Station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast Station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when Station contests are played requiring a specific caller to telephone the radio Station (such as “Caller number 10 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- For the Station’s web contests, E-Mail Club promotions, and contests requiring an email or written entry, all appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or the entrant will be disqualified. Required fields will be specified on line and on entry forms available at events. At a minimum, entrants must include the name of the contest or the prize, the entrant’s name, address, phone, and date of birth. If the entrant lives beyond 75 miles of the Station but works within that area, the contestant should include company name, address and work phone number as well. Entries can be submitted via www.WZID.com, emailed to WZIDpromotions@wzid.com or mailed/delivered to Contests, 500 N. Commercial Street, Manchester, NH03031.
- By entering a contest, the listener agrees to be added to the Station’s data bases. If a listener wishes to modify his/her registration information or stop receiving e-mail updates from the Station, he/she must click “Unsubscribe me” at the bottom of any WZID weekly email newsletter, or send an email to WZIDpromotions@wzid.com stating what should be done (ex: “please unsubscribe me.”) Listeners can opt out of text messaging by sending a message to 77000 containing the word “stop.” If a listener opts out and subsequently enters another contest, the listener will have to opt out again.
- The Station will contact winners at the conclusion of a contest via phone and/or email. The Station will not share the winner’s entry information with anyone except as necessary for prize fulfillment (ex: the sponsor of the prize may need to know who won the prize).
- Contest winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes on the prize awarded, as well as incidental expenses not specified (for example, gratuities). All winners of a prize(s) valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Station’s studios prior to claiming the prize. Winners will be sent a 1099 Miscellaneous Income federal tax form if in one calendar year, the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600, or whatever amount is required by federal law for that tax year.
- Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant that is acceptable to the Station and presented before the prize is awarded. For prizes valued at $600 or more, the winner must present a Social Security card. Failure to present acceptable paperwork will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize. No substitute prize will be offered.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the Station’s studios at 500 N. Commercial St., Manchester, NH between 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on a prize which will be specifically stated (for example, tickets to an event on a specific date must be claimed by that date). If circumstances permit, the winner may be given the option to have prizes valued at less than $600 mailed to them. The Station is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and is not responsible for providing an alternate prize if the winner does not receive mailed prizes. Prizes not claimed by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of the Station.
Transferability and Substitution Not Permitted
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable or exchangeable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. The Station cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events, or transportation problems caused by weather, the promoter, or performer and no substitute prizes will be awarded if such a situation occurs. The station cannot be held responsible if a prize has been given for a company that subsequently goes out of business and no substitute prize will be awarded if such a situation occurs.
- The Station assumes no liability for situations, damages, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. The Station, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. As a condition of winning a contest, participants shall sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the contestant’s right to claim or receive the prize.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), the Station’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as the Station awarding the prize to the winner. The Station shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. The Station shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- Where applicable, the Station, affiliates, participating sponsors, their agencies and the like, or any member thereof, makes no claims of merchantability of the Prize. See manufacturer(s) for complete warranty and operating instructions as it pertains to the Prize.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, the Station reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of the Station’s management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- The Station shall have no responsibility for any listener’s failure to enter to win, win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, mail, texting, email, internet or transportation difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.