95.7 WZID 20 Outstanding Women Contest
Sponsored by Hannaford
December 30, 2013 – January 26, 2014
Written December 29, 2013
“95.7 WZID 20 Outstanding Women ContestZIDFM .7Manchester“WZIDWZID
Rules are available at www.WZID.com and at WZID studios during normal business hours, 500 N. Commercial Street, Manchester, NH 03101. Rules have important information about eligibility, the station’s responsibilities, the entrant’s responsibilities, the winner’s responsibilities, tax ramifications, and more. WZID will award the prizes to entrants who meet the eligibility requirements and follow all of the rules. WZID reserves the right to postpone or extend the contest dates. Rules are subject to change without notice, though revised rules must be posted as soon as possible. No purchase necessary to enter or to win.
CONTEST NAME, DURATION, METHODOLOGY and PRIZES
- The contest name is “95.7 WZID 20 Outstanding Women Contest” and the contest prizes are provided by WZID, and Hannaford.
- People may complete a registration form at www.WZID.com between Monday, December 30, 2013 12:00am and Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:59pm. The person filling out the form must provide his/her name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as that same information for the person who is being nominated. The person filling out the form must write why the person being nominated is outstanding in her home, community and/or workplace, and certify that they have read and understand the rules.
- A panel of judges from WZID, Hannaford, and other prominent businesses will review all entries and choose the 20 Outstanding Women between Monday, January 27, 2014 and Friday, January 31, 2014. Women who have been most outstanding in their communities, with their families, or at work will be chosen, based on the quality of each entry. The winners will be notified via email between Friday, January 31, 2014 and Monday, February 3, 2014.
- The 20 Outstanding Women will be acknowledged in promotions and advertising for the WZID Women’s Expo, and at the Expo itself.
- The women and a guest will be invited to a luncheon to be held in February 2014 (exact date to be determined). The women will need to sign a form saying they’ve read and agree to abide by the rules, and provide biographical information which will be used on air, on the WZID website, and in the Women’s Expo program book. Their photos will be taken. They will also confirm that the information provided in the entry is correct, or modify it so it is correct, as this information will also be used on-air, on the website, and in the program book.
- Weekdays between Monday, February 24, 2014 and Friday, March 7, 2014, WZID will feature each woman during NH in the Morning. The women will be given a schedule so they know when they will be featured. The schedule will be adhered to if possible, but WZID reserves the right to change it if necessary.
- The WZID Women’s Expo will be on Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 10:00am-4:00pm at the Expo Center at the Radisson Hotel in Manchester, NH. At the Expo, the 20 women will each receive a $250.00 gift card from Hannaford.
- Entrants will have to meet all eligibility requirements to be chosen. Attendance at the luncheon, the Women’s Expo and the on-air interview is not mandatory, but it is hoped that those chosen for this honor will participate fully.
- The information gathered via the entry forms will be entered into WZID’s data base and used to contact winners and verify eligibility. The information gathered from the winning women will also be entered into WZID’s data base. We do not share our data base information with outside vendors, sponsors or advertisers (except as needed for the judging and prize fulfillment). By providing an email address, the contest entrant and/or winner agrees to be added to WZID’s Email Club. If entrants/winners wish to modify their registration information or stop receiving e-mail updates from the station, they must send an email to WZIDpromotions@WZID.com stating what they would like us to do.
- The Station shall have no responsibility for any listener’s failure to enter to win, win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, mail, texting, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- Contest is open to all eligible people aged 21 or over as of December 30, 2013. Those ineligible to enter or win include employees, their immediate families, officers, directors and stockholders of WZID, Hannaford, their parent companies, any other radio station listed in the , or any of the affiliates or sponsors and agencies involved in the production or distribution of materials for this contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
VALUE OF PRIZES
- All winners assume financial obligations for local, state and federal taxes and all applicable fees based on the value of the prize. Winners also assume financial obligations associated with any amounts not specified as part of the prize.
- In accordance with IRS regulations, WZID will provide any winner receiving a prize(s) valued at $600 or more in a given calendar year with a copy of IRS Form 1099 (miscellaneous income).
- The monetary value of the prize for each winner is $100.00.
- Odds of winning cannot be determined at this time.
Generic WZID Contest Rules
Eligibility/Revision of Rules
- Some contests will have specific rules that may amend these generic eligibility values and these rules will be referred to on the Station during said contest and be available on the Station’s website. Rules and the other policies referred to above are also available during normal business hours at 500 N. Commercial Street, 5th floor, Manchester, NH 03101, and on the Station’s website.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular contest, station contests are open to all eligible people who live or work in within the Station listening area or 75 miles of our Manchester office.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular contest, the contestant must be 18 or older to win, as of the day the contest begins.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular contest, only one entry per household is permitted in a contest. “Household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address.
- To be eligible to win any station prize, the contestant must not have won anything from the station in the past 30 days. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner.
- Contests are open to all eligible people except employees of the Station, Manchester Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, or employees of any other radio station listed in the . Immediate family is defined as the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of any of the restrictions mentioned here or part of rules specific to a particular contest, any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- The decision of the Station personnel acting as the contest judges is always final.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void were prohibited.
- The Station reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. Amended rules will be announced on air and posted on the website as quickly as possible. In such cases, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
Use of Materials
- All entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned. The Station reserves the right to retain all contest materials for any reason, including those related to publicity and/or advertising.
- Anytime a contestant calls the Station’s studios, the contestant should assume that the call will be broadcast and/or recorded and shall grant the Station permission to broadcast the call and/or record if for later broadcast. Furthermore, the winner of a Station contest shall grant permission to use the winner’s voice, name and town and/or photo for promotional, broadcast or internet purposes. No compensation, in cash or kind, beyond the prize itself, shall be expected or provided.
- If a contest requires photo entry, the contestant certifies that he/she has permission to publish the photo and shall grant permission to the station to use the photo on its website.
- For any contest requiring phone entry, contestants must use the following numbers unless otherwise specified: (603) 666-0957or (800) 666-0957. The person operating the telephone at the Station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- For any contest requiring web entry, the website is www.wzid.com. Unless otherwise specified in contest rules for a specific contest, station personnel will choose web winners randomly. Entry deadlines will be specified.
- For any contest requiring text entry, the listener will be instructed to text a certain word to 77000. Entry deadlines will be specified. Unless otherwise specified, station personnel will choose text winners randomly.
- Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard on the radio Station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast Station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. This delay can last for 30 seconds or more. This means that when Station contests are played requiring a specific caller to telephone the radio Station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- For the Station’s web contests, E-Mail Club promotions, and contests requiring an email or written entry, all appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or the entrant will be disqualified. Required fields will be specified on line and on entry forms available at events. At a minimum, entrants must include the name of the contest or the prize, the entrant’s name, address, phone, and date of birth. If the entrant lives beyond 75 miles of the Station but works within that area, the contestant should include company name, address and work phone number as well. Depending on the contest, entries can be submitted via www.wzid.com, emailed to WZIDpromotions@wzid.com or mailed/delivered to Contests, 500 N. Commercial Street, Manchester, NH03031.
- By entering a contest, the listener agrees to be added to the Station’s data bases. If a listener wishes to modify his/her registration information or stop receiving e-mail updates from the Station, he/she must click “Unsubscribe me” at the bottom of any WZID weekly email newsletter, or send an email to WZIDpromotions@wzid.com stating what should be done (ex: “please unsubscribe me.”) Listeners can opt out of text messaging by sending a message to 77000 containing the word “stop.” If a listener opts out and subsequently enters another contest, the listener will have to opt out again.
- The Station will contact winners at the conclusion of a contest via phone and/or email. The Station will not share the winner’s entry information with anyone except as necessary for prize fulfillment (ex: the sponsor of the prize may need to know who won the prize).
- Contest winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes on the prize awarded, as well as incidental expenses not specified (for example, gratuities). All winners of a prize(s) valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Station’s studios prior to claiming the prize. Winners will be sent a 1099 Miscellaneous Income federal tax form if in one calendar year, the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600, or whatever amount is required by federal law for that tax year.
- Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant that is acceptable to the Station and presented before the prize is awarded. For prizes valued at $600 or more, the winner must present a Social Security card. Failure to present acceptable paperwork will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize. No substitute prize will be offered.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the Station’s studios at 500 N. Commercial St., Manchester, NH between 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on a prize which will be specifically stated (for example, tickets to an event on a specific date must be claimed by that date). If circumstances permit, the winner may be given the option to have prizes valued at less than $600 mailed to them. The Station is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and is not responsible for providing an alternate prize if the winner does not receive mailed prizes. Prizes not claimed by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of the Station.
Transferability and Substitution Not Permitted
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable or exchangeable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. The Station cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events, or transportation problems caused by weather, the promoter, or performer and no substitute prizes will be awarded if such a situation occurs. The station cannot be held responsible if a prize has been given for a company that subsequently goes out of business and no substitute prize will be awarded if such a situation occurs.
- The Station, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, damages, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. The Station, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), the Station’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as the Station awarding the prize to the winner. The Station shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. The Station shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- Where applicable, the Station, affiliates, participating sponsors, their agencies and the like, or any member thereof, makes no claims of merchantability of the Prize. See manufacturer(s) for complete warranty and operating instructions as it pertains to the Prize.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, the Station reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of the Station’s management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- The Station shall have no responsibility for any listener’s failure to enter to win, win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, mail, texting, email, internet or transportation difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.