CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The attorney general’s office says a man who was considered a suspect in the shooting death of his estranged wife, who was found dead following a fire at his house, has died. Fifty-seven-year-old Manoel Viana was suffering from life-threatening injuries.
The office said earlier in the week that should he recover, it planned to seek a first-degree murder charge against him in the death of 53-year-old Lynn Marie Viana. During a custody exchange of their adult child at Manoel Viana’s Derry home on Sunday, he invited her inside.
The attorney general’s office said noises consistent with gunshots were heard from within the home. Shortly thereafter, the home was engulfed in fire.
