CONCORD, N.H.- The subcommittee tasked with investigating claims of abuse and neglect at the Sununu Youth Service Center say new leadership is needed.
The calls come as the four-person committee recently finished its report, which will be submitted Friday to the State’s Oversight Commission on Children’s Services.
Out of the report chairwoman Sen. Victoria Sullivan R-Manchester says the blame falls squarely on Department of Children Youth & Families Bureau Chief and Chief Administrator of the Center, Joshua Nye, who has been noticeably absent from the proceedings and hearings, as the Director of Department of Children Youth & Families Marie Noonan told the committee that Nye recently needed to take two weeks off.
Last week Noonan testified that that many of the allegations related to the treatment of juveniles at the center were false, including one that claimed there was a six-week lock down following an incident in January.
Among the recommendations the committee notes that the Office of the Child Advocate should be given additional oversight authority, in order to prevent DCYF from investigating itself.

